Creating opportunities for people to learn and achieve their goals.
We are currently hiring part time and full time Job Mentors for the Idaho Vocational Rehabilitation’s Summer Employment Program for students with disabilities. Job Mentors will start training during evenings and on Saturdays in April and May, before the program start date in a part-time capacity, with flexible scheduling. This program will begin on June 4, 2018 and run through August 17, 2018.
As a Summer Employment Job Mentor you will provide on the job support to students ages 15 – 21 who are enrolled in the Vocational Rehabilitation program. Job Mentors will accompany the student to their job, encouraging them to be successful in their duties to ensure they have a positive summer work experience.
For more information on Community Partnerships of Idaho: Click here
The Job Mentor for the summer program provides goal oriented services and supports to students during the summer work experience in a professional, supportive, respectful and positive manner to ensure a positive summer work experience.
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate, or equivalent
- Prior work experience and a good work ethic
- Current and valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Ability to transport students to the work site when needed
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications
- Strong independent problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Google Docs
- Ability to meet all deadlines for the required weekly paperwork
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to implement behavioral principles as needed
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to work in many different environments including fast paced environments
- Prior report writing experience or skills is strongly preferred
- Ability to be flexible with work environments and scheduling
- Two (2) years experience working with teens who have a disability (preferred) or in an employment field
The Job Mentor will work out of office and in the community. Local area travel will be required; and Job Mentors are required to provide their own transportation. Job Mentors must have a cell phone with voice messaging.
Please attach your resume and completed Fillable Employment Application when you click the “Apply For Job” button below.