Creating opportunities for people to learn and achieve their goals.
Habilitative Supports provide one-on-one therapy to children who have a wide range of developmental disabilities and are between the ages of 3-17. The purpose of this position is to create opportunities for the child to develop friendships and build relationships. The role of the Habilitative Support is to help the child expand on their communication, socialization and relationship building skills in various settings. This position is community based to ensure that the children we serve have the opportunity to participate in social activities with their peers and become more involved within their community.
Becoming a Habilitative Support is a great way to learn more about this field and is a great opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience. This position can also count towards potential internship hours. Students looking to earn credit for an internship are typically pursing education in the social services, human services, or educational fields. For more information about our Children’s Habilitative Support Services: Click here
What You Need:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have their own reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and car insurance
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a background check through the Department of Health and Welfare
What We Offer:
- Flexible scheduling that fits your school schedule
- Opportunity to work during school breaks and in the summer
- Ability to gain valuable skills working in this field
- Ability to obtain hours that can count towards Habilitative Intervention (HI) certification
- Experience that looks great on a resume and on college/graduate school applications
$8.50 – $9.50
The hours for these positions are during the after school hours and on Saturdays.