Creating opportunities for people to learn and achieve their goals.
Habilitative Intervention is a highly individualized service provided in a one-on-one setting. The goal of this service is to help decrease challenging behaviors while increasing the child’s communication skills, socialization skills, ability to engage in appropriate play, and independence. The Habilitative Interventionist implements therapy goals in daily therapeutic sessions with children who have a developmental disability and/or who exhibit challenging behaviors. Habilitative Interventionists will also advise and assist parents/guardians with therapeutic techniques and strategies.
The Habilitative Interventionists work with children between the ages of 3-17 and services are provided in the child’s school, home, center or out in the community. Services are offered in all of these settings to help the child develop lifelong skills to ensure that they are happy and successful long-term. For more information about Habilitative Intervention Services: Click here
What You Need:
- Candidates must have a bachelors degree
- The degree must be in the human services field (e.g. health care, social services, education, behavioral science, or counseling) from a nationally accredited college or university
- OR they must have at least 25 (200 level or higher) credit hours in human services
- One year experience working with children with developmental disabilities
- Habilitative Intervention Certificate (preferred)
- We do offer assistance in obtaining certification
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and proof of insurance to transport clients to and from therapy sessions
- Ability to pass a background check with Health and Welfare and a drug test
What We Offer:
- Flexible scheduling that can work with your school and/or work schedule
- Opportunity to grow and develop within this field
- Meaningful and fulfilling work helping others achieve long-term success
- Experience that looks great on a resume and on graduate school applications
$18.00 – $18.50 DOE
Full time employees are offered the benefits listed below. Benefit eligibility begins the first of the month following sixty days of full time employment.
- Paid time off/Holidays
We are currently looking for full time and part time Habilitative Interventionists with full time opportunities working out of the Boise, and Emmett offices. Part time opportunities working out of the Fruitland/Weiser and Mountain Home offices. We also have full time and part time positions available out of the Nampa office.
The hours for these positions include can include hours during the school day, after school, and Saturdays.
How to Apply
Download CPI Employment Application: Employment Application
Email resume and application to email@example.com
Community Partnerships of Idaho
3076 N. Five Mile Road
Boise, Idaho 83713
Tel: (208) 376-4999
Fax: (208) 376-4988