Creating opportunities for people to learn and achieve their goals.
Our Burley office is currently looking for an Employment Specialist/Mentor. A qualified applicant will provide one-on-one job seeking assistance to clients by helping them complete applications, meet with employers and follow up on leads until employment is obtained. They will also provide job readiness training and support to ensure their client is ready to start in their new role. Ideal candidates will continue to work with their clients to help build skills in their new role by working alongside their clients until they are able to work independently. This helps ensure that the client will be successful long term and increases job retention. They will also document the progress of their client daily and conduct periodic evaluations to ensure that they are meeting their goals. They will then share this information with key stakeholders who have a vested interest in the success of the client. Due to the autonomy associated with the position, you will need to maintain an accurate time log, mileage log, and billing information.
The position will start out as a part-time position and has the potential to grow into a full-time position. The is a direct and billable position.
For more information about our Employment Services: Click here
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities and helping people find their path to independence. You will be creating opportunities for people with disabilities to learn and achieve their goals
- The ability to use marketing and job placement strategies
- Teach interviewing techniques, placement resources and job retention skills
- Ability to use a computer, type and write reports, follow procedures and policies of contracting agencies, and perform transferable skill analysis by using information received by the client or referring agency
- This position needs forward thinking, creative, honest, independently driven, team player with outstanding communication and organization skills
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old
- Have their own reliable transportation, a valid drivers license, and current car insurance
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal history background check
- Previous sales, human resource or employment experience is preferred
- Fluency in ASL desired
We offer benefits to full time employees on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
As an Employment Mentor: $9.50 – $10.00 – Direct. DOE
As an Employment Specialist: $12.50 plus commission. DOE per billable hour
Download and complete the CPI Employment Application (digitally fillable).
Click the “Apply For Job” button below and attach your current resume and completed application.