Creating opportunities for people to learn and achieve their goals.
Our Burley office is currently seeking a dedicated Employment Specialist/Mentor to join our CPI team!
A qualified applicant will provide one-on-one job seeking assistance to clients by helping them complete applications, meet with potential employers and follow-up on leads until employment is obtained. They will also provide job readiness training and continued support to ensure their client is ready to start their new role. An ideal candidate will continue working with their clients to help build skills in their new role by working alongside them until they are able to work independently; this helps ensure that each client will obtain long-term success and increase job retention.
Additionally, Employment Mentors will document their client’s daily progress and conduct periodic evaluations to ensure their clients are meeting their goals. Evaluation information will be shared with key stakeholders who have a vested interest in the success of CPI’s clients. Due to the autonomy associated with this position, you will need to maintain accurate time log and mileage logs, as well as accurate billing information.
This position begins as part-time, with potential of growing into full-time status. Additionally, this is a direct and billable position.
For more information about our Employment Services: click here.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals with disabilities and helping them find their path to independence. You will be creating opportunities for people with disabilities to learn and achieve their goals.
- The ability to use marketing and job placement strategies.
- Teach interviewing techniques, placement resources, and job retention skills.
- Ability to use a computer, type and write reports, follow procedures and policies of contracting agencies, and perform transferable skill analysis by using information received by the client or referring agency.
- This position needs someone who is a forward thinking, creative, honest, independently-driven, and a team player with outstanding communication and organization skills.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Have their own reliable transportation, a valid drivers license, and current car insurance.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and a criminal history background check with The Department of Health and Welfare.
- Previous sales, human resource or employment experience preferred
- Fluency in ASL desired
Once you reach full-time status, employees are offered the following benefits:
As an Employment Mentor: $9.50 – $10.00 – Direct. DOE
As an Employment Specialist: $12.50 plus commission. DOE per billable hour
How To Apply Instructions:
To ensure your information stays in the digital file after saving it, we recommend doing the following:
Download the Employment Application, using the link below, to your desktop or laptop computer. Then open the file and type your information into the designated fields. Once you have completed the application, re-save it under your name and “application”.
NOTE: Please remember to sign and date page four of the application!
Download Employment Application here!