Creating opportunities for people to learn and achieve their goals.
CPI is currently seeking Full/Part-time Drivers for the Idaho Vocational Rehabilitation’s Summer Employment Program for students with disabilities.
This program will begin July 9th, 2018 and run through August 17th, 2018.
Drivers can expect to start training approximately 5 days before program start date.
As a Summer Employment Driver, you will provide transportation for students traveling from their homes to training, as well as to and from their work sites, within the Boise area. Drivers will be extremely diligent and take extra precautions to ensure the safety of all students they transport.
The Summer Employment Program provides job support to students ages 15-21 who are enrolled in the Vocational Rehabilitation program. This program provides Job Mentors who will accompany the student to their job, encourage them to be successful in their duties in order to ensure they have a positive summer work experience.
- 21 years of age
- High School graduate, or equivalent
- Possess a valid Idaho drivers license, be insured according to state insurance requirements and abide by all traffic laws and additionally: May not have more than one (1) chargeable accident or two (2) moving violations in the last three (3) years and have not had a suspended or revoked driver’s license in the last five (5) years
- Prior transportation experience with CDL (strongly preferred)
- Experience working with teens with disabilities (preferred)
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Effective time management skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug test
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationships with all clients, agencies, co-workers, employers and supervisors with appropriate communication/appearance
- Ability and comfort operating larger vehicles (up to a 10 passenger vehicle)
- Maintain a clean and safe environment on all vehicles used for transport
- Drivers must have a cell phone with voice messaging.
Drivers will work out of office and in the community. Drivers will utilize company provided vehicles for transporting.
$10.00-$11.00/hour – DOE
Download and complete the Employment Application, then click “Apply For Job” and attach your current resume and completed application.