Creating opportunities for people to learn and achieve their goals.
Community Partnerships of Idaho (CPI) is seeking individuals who want a place to grow and learn! CPI provides supportive career development that allows professionals to explore their passions and step into leadership roles. CPI believes in “creating opportunities for people to learn and achieve their goals,” and we pride ourselves in our company values of integrity, personal dignity, relationships and innovation.
At CPI, you will receive robust training and professional development opportunities, opportunities for promotion, and a diverse professional track that supports your passions.
Community Partnerships of Idaho is looking for a Billing Manager who will be responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the organization’s billing and coding processes to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving participant, provider, and other customer relations. The individual is responsible for designing and implementing policies and procedures, as well as streamlining effective billing processes across multiple markets. This position requires strong managerial, leadership, and business office skills, including critical thinking and the ability to produce and present detailed billing activity reports.
The Billing Manager is in charge of the oversight of claims submission to all funding streams and following each claim throughout the revenue cycle. From creating electronic claims, ensuring proper processing, identifying and correcting processing errors and denials, and overseeing the billing specialists, the Billing Manager will possess a strong understanding of all aspects of the life cycle of an insurance claim, from start to finish.
Skills, Knowledge, Education & Experience
- At least 2 years of experience of billing/revenue management and personnel supervision
- Applicable post-secondary degree OR sufficient education, training, and experience to fulfill the requirements of the position
- Possess strong math skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a team
- An understanding of various types of insurance plans
- Expertise in applying payer policy, Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs), and National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) for successful claim submissions
- Knowledge of CPT®, ICD-10-CM, and HCPCS Level II coding guidelines
- Successful navigation of healthcare industry rules and regulations, including HIPAA, False Claims Act, Fair Debt Collections Act, and Stark Law
- An understanding of the life cycle of a medical billing claim and how to improve the revenue cycle
- Expertise in effective claim follow-up, patient follow-up, and denial resolution
- Create reports and document billing specific revenue cycle workflow for COO/CFO review and approval
- Provide comprehensive training to key administrators and staff regarding payer billing and claims process; from facility credentialing to collections
- Work closely with key Program Services, Information Technology, and Finance staff to ensure services are documented and processed through the agency’s chosen EHR systems
- Supporting specialists in filing and responding to claims appeals
- Recognizing over-payments/underpayments and taking appropriate action
- Tracking the progress of the billing specialist to ensure outstanding or mis-processed claims are being addressed appropriately and in a timely manner
- Working directly with the payers to resolve complex claims issues
- Provide direction and oversight to the billing specialists
- Make recommendations to improve quality of invoicing/billing and collection procedures at all levels
- Maintain a positive work environment for the billing team and incorporate team member involvement in the daily work efforts for the area
- Responsible to coach, train, and develop billing staff; manage all aspects of staff work performance
- Negotiate, manage, and administer all commercial insurance payor contracts
- In collaboration with the COO/CFO, assist with the negotiation of payor rates and/or discounts
- Foster cooperative relationships with payor representatives
- Assist in organization’s preparation for and participate in all payor site reviews
- Prepare client treatment related administrative correspondence, as required
- Monitor and produce timely reports for any action(s) needed to maintain payor compliance;
- Interpret payor and provider standards and develop procedures to meet all applicable federal, state, and commercial payor source requirements
- Develop and maintain an understanding and ability to articulate the nature of CPI business and the interrelationships within CPI and community collaborators
- Set a positive example of professionalism both within CPI and externally
- Train new billing specialists as needed
- Paid time off
- FLEX and Dependent Care Savings
- Life & Leadership Coaching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity for yearly salary increases based on performance
How To Apply:
To ensure your information remains in the digital file after saving, we recommend the following:
Download the Employment Application, using the link below, to your desktop or laptop. Then open the file and input your information into the designated fields. Once you have completed the application, re-save file.
NOTE: Remember to sign/date page four of the application.
Download Employment Application here.